This around the house to do list will have your home ready for summer fun this July.
The lazy days of summer may be upon us, but that doesn’t mean you can forego your home’s July Honey Do List. Here are 6 around-the-house tasks you should take care of this month.
1. Keep Cool and Make Smart Decisions – Consider adding a few affordable smart upgrades to your home to make it more connected, comfortable and efficient. The Nest Learning Thermostat is a particularly smart addition for the summer, as changing the temperature just one degree can cut your energy use up to 5%. The Nest learns your behaviors and starts mirroring your temperature preferences after only 1 week. Here are 5 other tips on keeping your home cool in energy efficient ways this summer.
2. Cut Pool Costs – Having a pool during the summer months certainly has its perks, but it can also come with some large upkeep costs. Use these tricks to cut pool maintenance costs this summer.
3. Organize the Garage – Summer means plenty of outdoor activities, many of which require equipment that has to be stored somewhere. To make sure you don’t lose the battle against summer clutter, try implementing these easy organization wins.
4. Find Some Zen – Summer can offer great opportunities to slow down and unwind. Consider creating a peaceful zone within your home to find zen and meditation. Then, allocate 10 minutes each day to taking a break and appreciating the beauty of your home.
5. Create an Emergency Kit – In many parts of the country, summer can bring severe thunderstorms and the beginning of hurricane season. Use this guide to be prepared for severe weather or power outages and put together an emergency kit.
6. Replace Water & Ice Maker Filters – It’s important to stay hydrated in hot summer weather. Now is a great time to change out water filters according to manufacturer’s recommendations